All licenses and permits shall be issued by appointment during the hours the Firearms Licensing Officer is on-duty and available at the police department so that data may be electronically entered into the Massachusetts Instant Record Check System (MIRCS).
An appointment may be scheduled by calling the police department at 508-763-4017 and asking for the Firearms Licensing Officer.
Applications will only be accepted at the time of appointment. For helpful information, please visit our website: www.freetownpolice.org
Applicants who submit false information shall have their license or permit revoked and are subject to criminal prosecution.
No license or permit shall be issued without the applicant first submitting to:
- an electronically entered application;
- an electronically entered Massachusetts Instant Record Check System (MIRCS) query;
- a full set of fingerprints (new applicants);
- a completed and signed FID or LTC application (see attached);
- all necessary letters and documentation;
- the applicable processing fee; and
- any other material documentation presently or in the future required.